Your children are not your children.
你的兒女,其實不是你的兒女。
They are the sons and daughters of Life’s longing for itself.
他們是生命對于自身渴望而誕生的孩子坟乾。
They come through you but not from you,
他們借助你來到這個世界沥曹,卻并非因你而來悠汽。
And though they are with you, yet they belong not to you.
他們在你身旁舞蔽,卻并不屬于你。?
You may give them your love but not your thoughts,
你可以給予他們的是你的愛栋操,卻不是你的想法,
For they have their own thoughts.
因為他們有自己的思想闸餐。?
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
你可以庇護他們的身體,卻不是他們的靈魂矾芙,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow,
因為他們的靈魂屬于明天舍沙,
Which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
屬于你做夢也無法到達的明天。?
You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you,
你可以拼盡全力剔宪,變得像他們一樣拂铡,卻不要讓他們變得和你一樣,
For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.
因為生命不會后退葱绒,也不會在過去停留感帅。?
You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.
你是弓,兒女是從你那里射出的箭地淀。?
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite,
弓箭手望著未來之路上的箭靶失球,
And he bends you with his might that his arrows may go swift and far.
他用盡力氣將你拉開,使他的箭射得又快又遠帮毁。?
Let your bending in the archer’s hand be for gladness,
懷著快樂的心情实苞,在弓箭手的手中彎曲吧,
For even as he loves the arrow that flies, so he loves also the bow that is stable.
因為他愛這一路飛翔的箭烈疚,也愛那無比穩(wěn)定的弓黔牵。