###***唐頓莊園#S01#E05***###
Nothing is harder to live with than false hope.?海市蜃樓般的希望讓人更難忍受
I wish you`d just come out with it.我希望你能把心事都說出來
With what夭禽?什么心事
Whatever it is you`re keeping secret.就是你埋在心里的秘密
I can`t我不能說
You don`t deny it, then.這么說你承認有秘密了
No, I don`t deny it.當然我承認
And I don`t deny you have a right to ask.我也承認你有問我的權利
But I can`t但我不能說
I`m not a free man我不是自由身
Are you trying to tell me that you`re married?你是想告訴我你已經(jīng)結婚了嗎
I have been married, yes. But that`s not all of it.我是結過婚了但并不全是這
Because…因為
Because I love you, Mr Bates.因為我愛你貝茨先生
I know it`s not lady like to say it,我知道淑女不應該這樣口無遮攔
but I`m not a lady and I don`t pretend to be.但我不是淑女也無意假裝
You are a lady to me.在我眼里你是真正的淑女
And I never knew a finer one.比誰都更有淑女風范