---紀伯倫
Your children are not your children.
你的兒女擂找,其實不是你的兒女敬特。
They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
他們是生命對于自身渴望而誕生的孩子。
They come through you but not from you.
他們借助你來到這個世界意狠,卻非因你而來待错。
And though they are with you, yet they belong not to you.
他們在你身旁岩臣,卻并不屬于你。
You may give them your love but not your thoughts.
你可以給予他們的是你的愛向臀,卻不是你的想法巢墅。
For they have their own thoughts.
因為他們有自己的思想。
You may house their bodies but not their souls.
你可以庇護的是他們的身體券膀,卻不是他們的靈魂君纫。
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
因為他們的靈魂屬于明天,屬于你做夢也無法達到的明天芹彬。
You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you.
你可以拼盡全力蓄髓,變得像他們一樣,卻不要讓他們變得和你一樣舒帮。
For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.
因為生命不會后退会喝,也不在過去停留。
You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.
你是弓玩郊,兒女是從你那里射出的箭肢执。
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite.
弓箭手望著未來之路上的箭靶。
and He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far.
他用盡力氣將你拉開瓦宜,使他的箭射得又快又遠蔚万。
Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness.
懷著快樂的心情,在弓箭手的手中彎曲吧临庇。
For even as he loves the arrow that flies, so He loves also the bow that is stable.
因為他愛一路飛翔的箭反璃,也愛無比穩(wěn)定的弓。
世上的愛都以聚合為目的假夺,唯獨父母對子女的愛以分離為目的淮蜈。
我曾七次鄙視自己的靈魂 但印象最深刻的還是這《論孩子》:
你的孩子不屬于你,他們是生命的渴望已卷,是生命自己的兒女梧田,經由你生 與你相守,卻有自己獨立的軌跡。