在佛羅倫薩阿諾河畔的一片樹林里苟跪,大風正集合著云靄廷痘,孕育著一場磅礴的暴風雨。頃刻間件已,雨從日落下起笋额,夾帶著冰雹,狂風暴雨伴著氣勢恢宏的電閃雷鳴篷扩,滌蕩大地兄猩、震撼人間。
大自然的雄偉樂章鉴未,觸發(fā)了詩人的靈感枢冤。于是,自然界和人世間的狂風暴雨一同生起在詩人雪萊的筆下铜秆,傾瀉為激昂慷慨的歌淹真,最負盛名的抒情短詩《西風頌》就此誕生。
Make me thy lyre, even as the forest is:
把我當作你的豎琴连茧,當作那樹叢:
What if my leaves are falling like its own!
盡管我的葉落了核蘸,那有什么關系巍糯!
The tumult of thy mighty harmonies
你那非凡和諧的慷慨激越之情
Will take from both a deep, autumnal tone,
定能從森林和我同奏出深沉的秋韻,
Sweet though in sadness. Be thou, Spirit fierce,
甜美而帶蒼涼客扎。給我你迅猛的勁頭祟峦,
My spirit! Be thou me, impetuous one!
狂暴的精靈!化成我吧徙鱼,借你的鋒芒宅楞!
Drive my dead thoughts over the universe
請把我塵封的思想散落在宇宙
Like wither'd leaves to quicken a new birth!
讓它像枯葉一樣促成新的生命!
And, by the incantation of this verse,
哦疆偿,請聽從這一篇符咒似的詩歌咱筛,
Scatter, as from an unextinguish'd hearth
就把我的心聲,像是灰燼和火星
Ashes and sparks, my words among mankind!
從還未熄滅的爐火向人間播散杆故!
Be through my lips to unawaken'd earth
讓預言的喇叭通過我的嘴巴
The trumpet of a prophecy! Oh Wind,
把昏睡的大地喚醒吧迅箩!哦,西風啊处铛,
If Winter comes, can Spring be far behind?
如果冬天來了饲趋,春天還會遠嗎?