Your children are not your children.
你的兒女其實不是你的兒女谎仲。
They are the sons and daughters of Life’s longing for itself.
他們是生命對于自身渴望而誕生的孩子蝴光。
They come through you but not from you.
他們借助你來到這個世界,卻非因你而來。
And though they are with you, yet they belong not to you.
他們在你身旁昔期,卻并不屬于你骂远。
You may give them your love but not your thoughts.
你可以給予他們你的愛,卻不是你的想法翠订。
For they have their own thoughts.
因為他們有自己的思想缓升。
You may house their bodies but not their souls.
你可以庇護的使他們的身體,卻不是他們的靈魂蕴轨。
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
因為他們的靈魂屬于明天港谊, 屬于你做夢也無法達到的明天。
You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you.
你可以拼盡全力橙弱,變得和他們一樣歧寺,卻不要讓他們變得和你一樣。
For life goes not backward nor tarries with today.
因為生命不會后退棘脐,也不在過去停留斜筐。
You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.
你是弓,兒女是從你那里射出的箭蛀缝。
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite,
弓箭手望著未來之路上的箭靶顷链,
and He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far.
他用盡力氣將你拉開,使他的箭射得又快又遠屈梁。
Let your bending in the archer’s hand be so gladness,
懷著快樂的心情嗤练,在弓箭手的手中彎曲吧榛了,
For even as he loves the arrow that flies, so He loves also the bow that is stable.
因為他愛一路飛翔的箭,也愛無比穩(wěn)定的弓煞抬。